The most important link you can bookmark is back to this blog site and to my Facebook page. Once I leave Sydney in early March 2016 my objective is to provide regular updates from the expedition as we-
- complete the loading of the Braveheart, the vessel that will take us from Cape Town to Heard Island.
- sail deeper into the Souther Ocean, dropping NOAA drift buoys at predetermined locations as we go further south
- go about the establishment of the base camp on Heard Island
- undertake the field science projects
- and finally break camp, reboard Braveheart and head for Fremantle, Australia.
But there’s also some other sites that you might like to check out:
Australian Antarctic Division – some very useful background about Heard Island and some great photo galleries by subject –
Tangaroa Blue – read how this organisation is supporting the Australian Marine Initiative.
And of course for this sponsors that have assisted me in getting to Heard Island. Thank you – I’m looking forward to sharing photos, video and stories with you on my return:
Kathmandu, Thanks for the awesome clothing wardrobe. I’m sure is going to get a workout during my time on the island.
GOALZERO Australia. thanks guys for continuing to support me with portable power options as I continue from one crazy adventure to the next.